This subject aims to complement the knowledge of cybersecurity of students and encourage collaboration among them in the search for information on different subjects related to computer security, as they should do in their professional activity, to defend the assets of the companies on which they work.
Person in charge
Manel Medina Llinàs (
Jaime M. Delgado Merce (
Common technical competencies
CT2 - To use properly theories, procedures and tools in the professional development of the informatics engineering in all its fields (specification, design, implementation, deployment and products evaluation) demonstrating the comprehension of the adopted compromises in the design decisions.
- To design, develop, select and evaluate computer applications, systems and services and, at the same time, ensure its reliability, security and quality in function of ethical principles and the current legislation and normative.
- To demonstrate knowledge and capacity to apply the needed tools for storage, processing and access to the information system, even if they are web-based systems.
- To design and evaluate person-computer interfaces which guarantee the accessibility and usability of computer systems, services and applications.
CT3 - To demonstrate knowledge and comprehension of the organizational, economic and legal context where her work is developed (proper knowledge about the company concept, the institutional and legal framework of the company and its organization and management)
- To be able to find and interpret basic information for evaluating the economic environment of the organization.
- To know the basic financial concepts which allow valuing the costs and benefits of a project or different alternatives, monitor a budget, control the cost, etc.
- To demonstrate knowledge about the ethical dimension of the company: in general, the social and corporative responsibility and, concretely, the civil and professional responsibilities of the informatics engineer.
- To demonstrate knowledge about the normative and regulation of informatics in a national, European and international scope.
CT6 - To demonstrate knowledge and comprehension about the internal operation of a computer and about the operation of communications between computers.
- To demonstrate knowledge and capacity to apply the characteristics, functionalities and structure of the Distributed Systems and Computer and Internet Networks guaranteeing its use and management, as well as the design and implementation of application based on them.
CT7 - To evaluate and select hardware and software production platforms for executing applications and computer services.
- To demonstrate knowledge about metrics of quality and be able to use them.
- To evaluate hardware/software systems in function of a determined criteria of quality.
- To determine the factors that affect negatively the security and reliability of a hardware/software system, and minimize its effects.
CT8 - To plan, conceive, deploy and manage computer projects, services and systems in every field, to lead the start-up, the continuous improvement and to value the economical and social impact.
- To identify current and emerging technologies and evaluate if they are applicable, to satisfy the users needs.
Technical Competences of each Specialization
Information systems specialization
CSI2 - To integrate solutions of Information and Communication Technologies, and business processes to satisfy the information needs of the organizations, allowing them to achieve their objectives effectively.
- To demonstrate comprehension and apply the management principles and techniques about quality and technological innovation in the organizations.
- To demonstrate knowledge and application capacity of extraction and knowledge management systems .
- To demostrate knowledge and capacity to apply systems based on Internet (e-commerce, e-learning, etc.).
- To demonstrate knowledge and capacity to apply decision support and business intelligence systems.
- To manage the presence of the organization in Internet.
CSI3 - To determine the requirements of the information and communication systems of an organization, taking into account the aspects of security and compliance of the current normative and legislation.
- To demonstrate comprehension of the principles of risks evaluation and apply them correctly when elaborating and executing operation plans.
CSI1 - To demonstrate comprehension and apply the principles and practices of the organization, in a way that they could link the technical and management communities of an organization, and participate actively in the user training.
Software engineering specialization
CES1 - To develop, maintain and evaluate software services and systems which satisfy all user requirements, which behave reliably and efficiently, with a reasonable development and maintenance and which satisfy the rules for quality applying the theories, principles, methods and practices of Software Engineering.
- To solve integration problems in function of the strategies, standards and available technologies
- To identify, evaluate and manage potential risks related to software building which could arise.
- To demonstrate the comprehension in management and government of software systems.
Information technology specialization
CTI2 - To guarantee that the ICT systems of an organization operate adequately, are secure and adequately installed, documented, personalized, maintained, updated and substituted, and the people of the organization receive a correct ICT support.
- To demonstrate comprehension, apply and manage the reliability and security of the computer systems (CEI C6).
CTI3 - To design solutions which integrate hardware, software and communication technologies (and capacity to develop specific solutions of systems software) for distributed systems and ubiquitous computation devices.
- To conceive systems, applications and services based on network technologies, taking into account Internet, web, electronic commerce, multimedia, interactive services and ubiquitous computation.
Computer engineering specialization
CEC4 - To design, deploy, administrate and manage computer networks, and manage the guarantee and security of computer systems.
- To demonstrate comprehension, to apply and manage the guarantee and security of computer systems.
G6 [Avaluable] - To manage the acquisition, structuring, analysis and visualization of data and information of the field of the informatics engineering, and value in a critical way the results of this management.
- To plan and use the necessary information for an academic essay (for example, the final project of the grade) using critical reflection about the used information resources. To manage information in a competent, independent and autonomous way. To evaluate the found information and identify its deficiencies.
Attendance to lectures and bibliographic research work Topic 1
Presentation of the problems and solutions of cybersecurity for each one of the subjects of the subject.
The presentation will be based on documentation available on the Internet about the latest trends in each topic 1.
Students will have to make a research of additional information about the topic
The subject will be lectured based on the organization of a teaching model that will be repeated for each of the proposed subjects:
1. Introduction of cybersecurity problems and existing solutions by the teacher, and in some cases by a guest expert.
2. Complementary presentation by a group of students about a specific aspect related to the subject.
3. Discussion in class about recent publications that explain cybersecurity incidents or trends in specific tools or strategies to address cybersecurity issues related to this topic.
30% research works
25% Oral presentations of the work
45% Continuous evaluation controls (15% each control)
The transversal competence is evaluated from the research works.
There will be 2 or 3 multiple answers choices tests during the course, that will count 45% of the final grade.
The students will have to build groups to collaborate in the preparation of 2 research works, each of which will be both: presented at the classroom (or virtually if needed), and submitted in a written report.
On some of the topics addressed at the lectures, the students will be asked to do write a draft implementation of the concepts described in the lecture, that will be collected at the end of the lecture.
Cibercrimen: ¡protégete del Bit-Bang!, los ataques en el Ciberespacio a: tu ordenador, tu móvil, tu empresa... aprende de víctimas, expertos y CiberVigilantes -
Medina, M.; Molist, M,
Tibidabo, 2015. ISBN: 9788416204823 http://cataleg.upc.edu/record=b1472919~S1*cat
Basic knowledge of operating systems, network architectures, information systems architecture.
NO SIGNIFICANT CHANGES WITH RESPECT TO THE TEACHING GUIDE
NO SIGNIFICANT CHANGES WITH RESPECT TO THE TEACHING GUIDE, other than doing lectures through recorded videos of the lectures, and reserving the scheduled lecture time for questions and evaluations.
NO CHANGE IN THE EVALUATION METHOD WITH RESPECT TO THE TEACHING GUIDE, except on the fact that the presentations of research work will be made using G-Suit Meet facility, and evaluation tests will be made with G-Suit Forms, also on-line.
In the event that teaching cannot be carried out in person, all classes will be taught remotely.
Where we are
B6 Building Campus Nord
C/Jordi Girona Salgado,1-3
08034 BARCELONA Spain
Tel: (+34) 93 401 70 00