Computer Architecture Teaching Labs
AC Department has a number of resources that meet the needs of laboratories of the subjects that are taught in FIB. In particular there are 2 labs, (D6-003 and D6-003bis) work as a teaching classroom (laboratory classes are held).
Teaching labs (D6-003 and D6-003bis)
The area of the two classrooms is 51 m2 each one.
Both labs have 25 terminals. D6-003 lab is equipped with PCs with Intel Dual Core 2 GHz, 2 GB RAM, and 250GB internal hard drives. TFT color monitor 17 ", on of them with 21", used for people with visual impairments, and classroom D6-003bis with 25 PC with Inter Dual Core 2 GHz, 2 GB de RAM and 250GB internal hard drives. TFT color monitor 17 ". Each room is connected to a Tivoli server that allows to boot with images of Windows XP or Ubuntu Linux. Both classrooms have a fixed projector, a command and screen wall.
- 50 program licenses Logic Works 5.0 (it has been used in the practices of IC and AC subjects).
- 12 routers CISCO 2611, CISCO 1721 5 routers, Cisco 2620XM Router 1, 2 CISCO 1841 routers, Cisco Catalyst 2950 7, 1 Cisco Catalyst 1900 and Cisco Catalyst switches C2950C 2. This equipment is mounted on two racks with wheels to carry easily in the laboratory when used.
- Network cables, 20 direct and 20 crossed
In addition, for PAR and PAP courses, we have a cluster of four nodes with Intel DUAL 6-core XEON E5645L with the following characteristics:
- 2 Intel Xeon E5645 six-core processors at 2,40 GHz 5,86 GT / s QPI 12 MB L3
- 24 GB DDR3 memory
- Two 2 TB SATA drives
- 2 Network Cards Intel Pro / 1000 Gigabit Ethernet
This cluster is located at module D6 Datacenter.
Maintainance of these teaching labs is performed by the ICT services from the DAC department http://www.ac.upc.edu/en/about-us-1/serveis-tic/index-de-serveis-tic?set_language=en
Automatic Control Teaching Laboratories
The Department of Automatic Control has three teaching laboratories:
- Electronic Design and Industrial Computing Laboratory, which has equipment for the design of hardware and software for prototypes and electronic systems. This laboratory is located in building C5 classroom C5-S202 of the North Campus.
- Systems and Automation Laboratory, which has prototypes of plants, industrial controllers, and computer-aided design and simulation tools. This laboratory is located in building C5 classroom C5-S202 of the North Campus.
- Computer Technology Teaching Laboratory and Robotics. This laboratory is located in building C5 classroom C5-S203 of the North Campus, with equipment for designing hardware and software prototype aided design and simulation tools, located in building C5-S203 North Campus.
Teaching laboratory of Information Technology and Computer Engineering (Building C5-S202)
12 work places equipped with:
- PC with Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16 GHz, 4 GB RAM and HP LA1951g LCD monitor 19 ".
- Power variable symmetric 30 V / 1 A, 15 V / 2 A.
- Triple power supply 30 V, 2.5 A.
- Function generator 3 MHz ÷ 0.2 Hz.
- 2 channel digital oscilloscope, 100 MHz.
- 1 Installation (model) simulating a factory controlled by PLC.
- 2 Programmable automats, with 6 inputs and 4digital outputs.
- 2 modules A / D converters with 16 inputs / outputs with USB connection.
- 4 PC with Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16 GHz, 4 GB RAM and HP LA1951g 19 " LCD monitor.
- Raspberry Pi Model B and TFT touchscreen.
Teaching Laboratory of Computer Technology and Robotics (Building C5-S203)
12 work places equipped with:
- PC with Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16 GHz, 4 GB RAM and HP LA1951g and a 19 " LCD monitor.
- 1 variable power supply 30 V / 1 A.
- 1 Power setting ± 12V, 5V / 1A
- Function Generator 1 0.1 Hz ÷ 1 MHz.
- 20 LEGO Mindstorm NXT Robotics.
- Different sensors to connect to Lego Mindstorm Robotics NTX (compasses, gyroscopes, ultrasonic, etc).
- New EV3 Lego robots of last generation.
- 5 Neatorobots each robot governed by five Raspberry Pi Model B.
- 24 CCD barcode guns .
- 20 Development Boards for microcontrollers: Brand: Mikroelectronika model Easypic 6.
- 20 Development Boards for microcontrollers Brand: Microchip model PIC18F46J50 FS USB Demo Board.
- 12 Development Boards TMS320C5515 eZdsp™ USB Stick Development Tool.
- 2 microphones to test the audio development board TMS320C5515 from Spectrum Digital Incorporated
- 1 Universal Programmer PLDs LabTool-48.
- 5 portable digital multimeters.
- Two logic analyzer 25 MHz, 32 entries.
- Auxiliary material (welders, cables, tubes, feeders, etc.).
Physics department Lab
The teaching laboratory of the Department of Physics and Nuclear Engineering is located in basement 1 of building A1 on the North Campus. It is shared with the ETSECCPB and the ETSETB, with a space of 86 m2 allocated to the FIB. In the FIB area there are two tables, each equipped to hold up to 16 pairs of students.
There is a technician in charge of the maintenance of the shared laboratories and he is assigned exclusively to the Physics Department. The Department also has spaces for the revision of practical computer work on the second floor of buildings B4 and B5. For carrying out practical work, the following material is available (grouped according to the subjects it is used for):
- Oscilloscopes: 5 HM-400 and 12 HM303-6 (Hameg)
- Function generators: 17 GF-232 (Promax).
- Power supplies: 34 model EP-613A (Blausonic).
- Leybold STE Systems for mounting electrotechnical and electronic circuits
- 12 Multímeters del model MX556 (Metrix) i 22del model MD-200 (Promax)
- 17 PCs
- HP laserjet 1010 Printer
- Mitsubishi XD280U
- 20 MP1800 laser pointers.
- 19 supports foot plate rod, 39 doubles and 39 new clips burettes and tubes (Selecta).
In addition there is auxiliary material (cables, connections, etc.), much of which has been specifically prepared for the practical work that is carried out (bobbins, Hall probes, diodes, etc.).
Physics oriented Modeling and Animation Realistic (FMAR)
There is a robotic arm that allows practice for this subject. It is a 5-DOF manipulator, series "Lynxmotion" controlled through the serial port of a compatible PC.
Finally, there are two computers for correcting the practices of different courses,