Information Technology is one the major driving forces of modern civilization. The professionals in many areas of science and technology are expected to be proficient in various disciplines of the information technologies, thus guaranteeing efficiency and confidence in their work. Artificial Intelligence has emerged as one of the most promising and valuable field within Information Technology to solve complex problems.
The Artificial Intelligence Master Program aims at providing a solid background and advanced knowledge in Artificial Intelligence for qualified professionals that must able take high responsibility positions in industry or start research activities in theoretical or practical aspects of Artificial Intelligence. The Master also offers the opportunity to focus on one of its specializations:
- Knowledge Engineering, Machine Learning and Multi-agent Systems
- Natural Language Processing
- Modelling, Reasoning and Problem Solving
- Soft Computing
- Vision, Robotics and Distributed Systems
Students can select between achieving a generic education on several subjects or focus on one of the specializations. All courses are given in English.
Students completing the master will be competent for:
- Professional jobs making strategic decisions, and requiring a high capacity of analysis and the resolution of complex problems.
- Creating and transferring research-based knowledge in the professional world.
- Starting an academic career in research, by entering a Ph.D. program.
The academic goals of the master are organized in three groups:
- To acquire the background equivalent to a Computer Science or Engineering degree, based on a solid knowledge of computer programming.
- To gain state-of-the-art knowledge in one or more specializations. This additional knowledge will not only cover they current trends in professional practice but will also deepen in the most recent theoretical and practical achievements forming the basis for the creation of new knowledge with mid-term and long-term impact.
- To be acquainted with multidisciplinary skills relevant in the professional or academic practice.
Graduates of this Master Programme also acquire the skills and knowledge to enrol in PhD programmes in Informatics such as:
Universitat de Barcelona
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
Universitat Rovira i Virgili